2001-2002 Camp Fox
Sponsored by the Shawnee, Seminole, and Chumash
||This is the GA-Sioux Nation annual trip to Camp Fox on
Catalina Island. It's a fantastic trip... one that you and your
braves/princesses won't soon forget. Camp Fox, for those who have never
attended, is a blast! It's a gorgeous camp on the North-East side of Catalina.
There will be hiking, games, row-boats, fishing, scavenger hunts, archery, good
food and of course, our traditional campfire!
- Date: Friday, March 15, 2002
- Check In Begins: 6:00pm
- Departure: 6:45pm.
Plan on arrving one hour ahead of departure time. This
will permit checkin and completion of luggage waivers. We will have a table set
up for check in; you must check in and pick up your tickets. Loading
begins approximately 30 minutes ahead of the 6:45 departure (i.e., at 6:15pm).
Keep your gear with you as you will carry it on-board to the luggage area.
Make sure all your luggage is tagged. Tags will be available when you
- Date: Sunday, March 17, 2002
- Departure from Camp: Approximately 12:30pm
||$103 per person. This
includes your boat ride to and from Catalina, all your food and lodging and the
||To be guaranteed proper cabin assignments, you must
sign up in advance, either at the YMCA, though your chief, or by email to
Josie, by Friday, March 8th. No refunds will be issued after
the registration deadline. No registration is guaranteed after the
The cabins are similar to those at Camp Whittle. If you have
any requirements for cabin assignments (you have two or more children in
different tribes), let Josie know at the Y and she'll make every attempt to
How to Register:
- Through your Chief. As always, you may register
through your chief. Please allow sufficient time for your chief to pass your
payment and registration to Josie.
- Through Email. Send Email to Josie Rea <JosieRea@ymcala.org>, indicating how
many reservations are to be made, and how you wish to pay:
- Credit Card. Remember that Email is as safe
as a postcard, so do not include your credit card number in the email.
Instead, indicate that you wish to pay by credit card and include your
- Checks. Indicate to Josie you are paying by
check, and get your check to the YMCA, Attn: Josie Rea, before the payment
- By Telephone. Call the North Valley YMCA at (818)
368-3231 and ask for Josie.
The Catalina Cruises boat departs from the Catalina Sea
and Air Terminal, Berth 95, San Pedro. Take the I-110 Harbor Freeway S,
exit at Harbor. Travel straight through the intersection into the Catalina Sea
and Air Terminal. Follow the yellow "Catalina" signs.
Parking: You may park anywhere in the Catalina Sea
and Air Terminal Lot. The rate is $10 per 24-hour period or portion thereof.
There is a yellow loading zone in front of the terminal, but it is always
backed up and not recommended.
|What to Bring
Note: All items should be marked with your name.
Equipment is to be brought to camp at your own risk. The Glendale Family YMCA
(they operate Camp Fox) is not responsible for lost or damaged equipment.
- Sleeping bags/Pillows
- Clothes enough for 3 days (bring extra socks in case
feet get wet)
- Warm clothes (it tends to get a bit chilly at
- Shorts for the days
- Swim suits
- Tennis shoes (or good hiking shoes)
- Baseball glove and ball/frisbee/football
- Fishing pole and tackle (if you plan on fishing from
somewhere other than the pier, pick up a 1-day fishing license)
- Light-weight ponchos, in case it rains
- Motion sickness medications, such as Dramamine or
Candied Ginger (the boat ride over can get a bit rocky)
- Any required medicine, including OTC painkillers such as
Supposedly, the slow boat is not subject to luggage