- I want to become more
observant. Where do I start?
- Why is "shabbat" spelled
sometimes shabbath, shabbath, shabbos,
- What are some common Hebrew
and Yiddish phrases I see on S.C.J?
- What do all those
abbreviations like Z"L mean?
- Is "shvartze" offensive? Is
"goyim" offensive? What about "nachriah"?
- What does "shiksa" and
- I am going to be in (name
your city), where can I eat, stay for Shabbat?
- What do bagels, lox, pastrami,
falafel, garlic pickles, kishka, and kasha have to do with being a Jew?
- What does Warren Burstein's
- Who was the sixth Marx
- Why do Hebrew clocks run
clockwise, not counter-clockwise?
- I'm not Jewish. How do I show
my love for the Jewish people?
- What is the origin of the word
- What is the meaning of the part
of the book of Ruth where the guy at the gate takes off his
- I'm a health care provider? What
do I need to know for Jewish patients?
- What would be a good
housewarming gift for a Jewish friend?
- What is the meaning and origin
of the phrase B'shaah Tova?
© (c) 1993-2002
Daniel P. Faigin <firstname.lastname@example.org>