Conversion, Intermarriage, and "Who is a
- Does Halacha (Jewish law)
- I'm a Jew who married a
gentile. Am I still Jewish?
- I'm a Jew who accepted the
tenets of another religion, but now wants to practice Judaism again. Am I
allowed? Am I still Jewish?
- OK, then apart from
halachic considerations, why do many Jews of all types oppose
- Is objection to intermarriage
a form of bigotry?
- But I still want to
intermarry? Do you know of a Rabbi that performs intermarriages?
- How does one convert?
- What about adults who are not
- What does the word "Jew" mean?
- Who is a Jew?
- What is the origin of
- I've heard that Jewish parents
consider an intermarried child as "dead". Is this true?
- Why is the conversion process so
complicated? The matriarchs didn't have to convert.
- What is the status of a child
when the mother converts to Judaism during pregnancy?
- Through how many generations
does Matrilineal Descent remain valid?
© (c) 1993-2005
Daniel P. Faigin <firstname.lastname@example.org>